Gutters are designed to redirect water away from a building’s foundation. If gutters are not maintained properly, they may become clogged and damaged, preventing them from doing their job. It’s common to think of gutter cleaning as a residential chore, but businesses also benefit from such maintenance. If you haven’t had your commercial gutters cleaned in a while, consider these reasons to make the service an annual priority.
- Promote safety: Chances are your building is at least partially surrounded by sidewalks and roads. Safety hazards could develop if clogged gutters leak water onto these hard surfaces. For instance, excessive puddles can lead to cracked sidewalks, potholes, and icy walkways. Plus, no one wants to get dripped on as they approach your store. Improve safety and convenience for your employees and customers with regular gutter maintenance.
- Prevent foundation damage: Rainwater is detrimental to building foundations because it over-saturates the surrounding soil, putting excessive pressure on underground concrete structures. Over time, this can lead to cracks and leaks, eventually threatening the building’s structural integrity. You can help avoid this outcome simply by keeping your commercial gutters and downspouts clean.
- Protect the roof: Gutters help prevent water from backing up onto flat roofs commonly found in commercial buildings. However, improper drainage can lead to rot, leaks, and saggy roofs. The easy way to prevent these problems is to schedule routine commercial gutter cleaning.
- Maintain a tidy storefront: Neglected gutters may become clogged and overflow during heavy rain. This can cause water to streak down the side of the building, leading to a dirty, rundown appearance. As a business owner, you know first impressions are everything, so help maintain a professional reputation among your customers by keeping up with commercial gutter repairs and cleaning.
- Preserve the landscaping: If any part of your building is surrounded by grass, gutter cleaning ensures rainwater flows out of the downspouts as intended. This protects your landscape from erosion that can occur if the gutters get clogged and overflow.
- Avoid expensive repairs: Commercial gutter cleaning is a cost-effective investment because it cuts down on other building maintenance and repair costs. Simply put, properties with clean, functional gutters need less foundation, roof, siding, and landscape maintenance. Flood damage is also less likely when gutters flow smoothly, reducing the need to pay for expensive building repairs.
If you’re ready to benefit from commercial gutter cleaning, turn to High Point Gutter for a job well done. We love what we do, and we’re proud of our work! Every member of our exceptional gutter-cleaning team receives proper training before performing fieldwork to ensure your satisfaction. For optimal results, we hand-clean your gutters, removing all traces of debris in the process. We also clear clogged downspouts and clean up any mess on the ground before deeming the job complete. Call us today at (425) 449-6622 or contact us online to request a commercial rain gutter cleaning estimate. Our company has served businesses in Snohomish and King Counties since 2016.